Think of assets as place holders for content. Within each place holder you can add different versions of the same asset, which is done via the [Assets] tab.
NOTE: This is not the name that will appear on the iPad library shelf but more for internal reference. The shelf title as it appears on the iPad must be set using the asset.
The optional internal asset name could be used for the approved document or content version.
Select the status of the asset:
- Active: Asset is available to download.
- Inactive: Asset is not available to users but is retained in the SAM database in case you wish to reactivate at a later time.
- Deleted: Same as Inactive. Please note that an asset is never completely removed from SAM,so it’s possible to retrieve at a later time.
The nextINTERACT iPad app has 2 areas for storing assets:
- Public library: Public material that you want customers/reps to see. Generally most assets are designed for the public library.
- Private library: Material for internal use only that you don’t want customers to see should be saved in your private library. Types of assets may include internal training, regulatory information, and other confidential content.
Once the upload has completed, the asset icon will be automatically extracted from the uploaded asset version .zip file.