Assets are place-holders for content. Within each place-holder different versions of the same asset can be uploaded in the [My Assets] tab.
When you [Add] or [Edit] an asset, a new pop-up window appears in the work area.
1. Assign the assets a tile header. This is the bold text that will appear on the tile.
2. Give the asset a tile body. This is the light text that shows the asset's description on the tile.
3. Enter an optional internal asset name. This is for internal reference. For example, this could be used to identify approved documents or content versions.
4. Select the status of the asset:
Active: This asset is available to download.
Inactive: asset is not available to contacts but is in the SAM database in case you wish to reactive at a later time.
Deleted: Same as Inactive. Please note that an asset is never completely removed from SAM, so it is possible to retrieve at a later time.
5. Select the target device option. This determines on which devices your asset can be accessed. (Only HTML, video and PDF assets can be distributed to the Desktop.)
6. Select the product/category that the asset is associated with.
Assets must be associated with a product/category. This is a drop-down menu that lists all the products/categories you have created. If you have a new product/category you can also add it by using the [Add..] button next to the drop-down menu.
7. Select an asset Type in the drop-down menu.
8. Upload the asset version. More details here.
9. List of All asset versions
Next to the [Upload Asset Version] button is a button called [All Asset Versions]. This lists a history of assets versions associated with that particular asset. From here you can also set the status of an individual asset version to active or remove the asset version completely.
10. Select the asset version status
Set the asset version status of the asset version you have just uploaded:
Active: asset version will be available to download.
Inactive: asset version is not available to download. This can be used to make the current version inactive.
11. Fill in the asset version notes field, with information that is relevant to this version of the asset. Be specific, as this might be your reference later on. It is good practice to enter the exact changes or updates of the asset version.
12. Upload or select a tile image for the asset.
was packaged with the Asset Packager and the tile image was automatically extracted.
To specify the tile image choose one of the 2 options:
- Upload Tile Image: An image from your local system can be uploaded for the asset's tile image. The image size should be 656x476 pixels, and preferable .jpg, but .png and animated .gif files are also supported.
- Select Tile Image from Gallery: The gallery offers over 10 categories of images that a tile image can be chosen from.
13. Once all fields have been filled in, and the asset has been uploaded click the [Save] button.
In the [My Distribution] tab you can now assign this asset to a team, to make it available to the connections of this team.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article