Convert double-sided pages to single pages
Modified on: Tue, 26 Jul, 2016 at 10:46 AM
There are multiple approaches to convert double-sided pages to single pages. Below are the steps that uses Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to do this:
- Duplicate the PDF twice, this should result in 1 original backup file and 2 copies. Name the 2 new files PDF_right and PDF_left, referring to the pages.
- Open the PDF that will contain the right pages PDF_right with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Use [Tools] > [More] > [Set Page Boxes].
- The dialogue window will display the whole page dimensions. Divide the width of the page by 2, this will be the single page width.
- Enter this so calculated single page width in [Margin Controls] > [Left] and select [Page Range all] to apply this for all pages.
- Save the document.
- Repeat steps 4-5 for the PDF of the left pages PDF-Left, but set the margin control on the right.
- Now there are two PDFs, one containing the left pages and one containing the right pages. Open both of the PDFs and display the page thumbnails.
- Select, drag and drop the pages from one PDF into the other and then go to [Tools] > [Protection] > [Remove Hidden Information].
- Save the document as the final single pages PDF.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.