Specification of how the contacts import file needs to be formatted, please adhere to the below when creating the import file:
- Columns can appear in any order but must have the correct column names.
- Only the FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME columns are mandatory, all others are optional.
- Column names that do not match the required column names below will be ignored during import.
- No duplicate values are permitted for EMAIL1.
- No duplicate values are permitted for EXTERNAL_ID which is intended for storing the contact's Id from your CRM system (such as Salesforce.com).
- The country-related fields COUNTRY_CODE and OTHER_COUNTRY_CODE require you to use a 2-digit ISO country codes such as AU(Australia), US(United States), IE(Ireland) etc. The ISO Country code list can be found here.
- If associating Bricks against a contact via fields: PRIMARY_BRICK_CODE, SECOND_BRICK_CODE, THIRD_BRICK_CODE, FOURTH_BRICK_CODE, or FIFTH_BRICK_CODE, you must provide a COUNTRY_CODE value. All Brick Codes are based on IMS brick definitions.
- All fields have a maximum field length which if exceeded will cause errors upon import.
See below for field length limits:
|Column Name||Character/Field Limit/Length|
in nextINTERACT contacts can be used for “in-call tracking” whereby a Rep can 'start a call' with a chosen contact, utilise their various assets during the call, and then [End a Call]. Various call notes can also be logged. This data is tracked and stored within SAM and is crucial for reporting, analytics, and measuring sales force effectiveness.
The [Import from CSV] process ignores duplicate contacts but all valid contacts are still loaded plus any errors or duplicates are reported at the end of the import process so SAM Administrators can adjust their CSV files and reload. In the future, integration adapters to popular CRM systems such as Salesforce will automate this process.
IMPORTANT: Duplicate email addresses are not supported.